Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Camtasia VS CamStudio

Well, as many of my classmates have also stated, Camtasia wins in comparison to CamStudio.
I have never spent so much time trying to figure out how to use a program as I did when I worked with CamStudio. Part of me wanted to take a zero on the project, so I could go enjoy Mardi Gras weekend in STL with my friends. BUT, through much convincing, I decided that would not be the smart idea. When looking back on the project, I must have spent around 24 hours total trying to figure it out. From the download to converting the video to SWF, everything was a challenge. I WILL not ever even think about using CamStudio again, and will never recommend it to anyone. As a matter of fact, I have already uninstalled it from my computer so I do not have to see it again.
Camtasia, on the other hand, was very nifty. Though it takes some time to watch the tutorials and teach yourself all of the options and tricks to the program, I did not have nearly as many questions or blockades as I did with CamStudio (eh – the name even makes me cringe). Camtasia has help windows and tutorials to watch to answer nearly every question one may have. Also, Camtasia has some cool options (zooms, callouts, etc.) that one can apply to enhance a video. Though I cannot say I like Camtasia as much as Jing, I may consider using it again or referring it to a friend.
Check out my Camtasia video below! I will be using this in the next few weeks in my American Literature classes while they work with and read the novel The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

7 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, Jamie. I think that the students would be engaged using Blabberize.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tutorial I like the blabberize site...funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool app. This would be a great way to introduce a subject also. It would definitely peek a student's interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool app. Your students will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with the taking so much time to learn a program comment, but at least we survived it! My middle school students would love Blabberize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not think of using Blabberize for educational purposes. It is a good idea to make learning fun.

    ReplyDelete